J & D Construction, Inc., located in Montevideo, MN, is a Commercial Ag Design-Build General Contractor and has been in business since 1980. J & D builds and maintains Grain Handling Facilities for commercial and farm use, Fertilizer Plants, Grain and Seed Processing Plants, and Feed Mills. We specialize in machinery installation, structural erection and equipment assembly. We also have a manufacturing shop that builds components for use in our projects.
Mechanical Drafter duties include:
- Responsible for developing shop detail and assembly drawings from project design layouts and 3D models using AutoCAD software
- Knowledge of sheet metal and structure steel components
- Proficient with AutoCAD in 3D, will train if needed
- Able to read and manipulate drawings
- Solid understanding of drafting techniques, well-developed drafting and mechanical drawing skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Coordinate with and consult coworkers to resolve design or other issues
- Responsible for updating shop lists using Microsoft Excel
- Create general arrangement drawings from 3D model
- Collaborate with project designer to resolve issues that arise during shop detailing parts
- Review project schedules to detail parts in the right order to maintain schedule
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects at one time
- Perform quality work with a high degree of accuracy within established time frames
- Make necessary revisions and adjustments to drawings
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for drawings
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Team player with excellent attention to detail, exceptional organization skills, effective verbal/written communication skills
As a part of the J & D team you will go through a custom designed training/safety program designed to set you up for success so that you can operate safely and consistently. We offer a great starting wage and promote growth opportunities and advancement within. We offer benefit packages including: health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k, paid vacation, and clothing allowance.
J & D Construction, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Please visit our website at www.jdconstinc.com/hr to apply TODAY!