The Lac qui Parle Economic Development Authority is working with local businesses to become registered apprenticeship sponsors to develop programs that will recruit, train, and retain employees.
The apprenticeship can be created through variety of industry and occupations such as:
|Construction Industry||Manufacturing Industry|
|Plant Maintenance||Graphic Arts Industry|
|Power Trade Industry||Professional Technical Industry|
Benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Build a new skilled workforce
- Increase productivity
- Reduce employee turnover
- Increase Safety in the workplace
Register Apprenticeship programs can be designed by the sponsoring employer in three ways:
- Time-based programs: An apprentice completes a registered number of hours in on-the-job training and related instruction.
- Competency-based programs: Allows the apprentice to progress at their own pace. They demonstrate competency in knowledge and skills through proficiency tests, but they are not required to complete a specific number of hours.
- Hybrid Approach: Programs are build using minimum and maximum range of hours and the successful demonstration of identified and measured competencies.
Grant Funds: Employers can receive up to $5,000 for each apprentice to cover costs such as materials, administrative cost, supplies, tuition, instruction and infrastructure.
Free Design and Development Assistance: The representatives of the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry’s Registered Apprenticeship Division will work with your business to provide FREE assistance to develop and design your program.
If you want to know more about the Apprenticeship program or would like to design a registered apprenticeship, please call (320)598-7976 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.